CBF Welcomes New Board President and MembersJuly 30, 2019
The CBF is excited to welcome Steven A. Weiss as our 38th Board President for the 2019-2020 term. A Partner and Co-Leader of the Complex Commercial Litigation Practice Group at Honigman LLP, Steve provides advice on a wide variety of business litigation issues for companies and business people.
Steve has a strong commitment to equal access to justice. He has served on the CBF board since 2012, where he has played a lead role on the CBF’s grants committee. Steve also leads Honigman’s Investing in Justice Campaign and has co-chaired the CBF Fall Benefit. Additionally, he is active in the ABA’s Litigation Section and previously served as Chair. He will be an outstanding leader in advancing the CBF’s mission, continuing to expand on last year’s impact under the exceptional leadership of outgoing President Carrie Di Santo.
We also welcome a distinguished group of new board members this year:
- Maryam Ahmad, Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office
- Rachel M. Cannon, Dentons US LLP
- Randy Fearnow, Quarles & Brady
- Paraisia Winston Gray, Attorney at Law
- Anne Geraghty Helms, DLA Piper LLP (US)
- Robert T. Howell, III, U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- Whitney Hudson, Consultant
- Hon. LaShonda Hunt, U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Brandon E. Peck, Peck Ritchey, LLC
We are also thankful for the leadership, dedication and contributions of several board members whose terms are ending:
- Jonathan Amarilio, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
- Terrence J. Dee, McDermott Will & Emery
- Steven M. Elrod, Holland & Knight LLP
- Asheesh Goel, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
- Andrea M. Gordon, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP
- Kimberly Halvorsen, Oasis Financial
- Hon. Mary K. Rochford, Illinois Appellate Court
- Sarah E. Streicker, U.S. Department of Justice
- Derrick M. Thompson, Jr., Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
We look forward to working with them in other capacities in the CBF’s continuing efforts to improve access to justice for people in need and make the legal system more fair and efficient for all.
You can see the full board list here.