The CBF’s work would not be possible without the leadership and support of our dedicated Board Members. As the 2021/2022 Board year begins, we are excited to welcome the following new members to our Board of Directors:
- Jason Bradford, Jenner & Block LLP
- Dave Gordon, Sidley Austin LLP
- Elizabeth Lopez, United Airlines, Inc.
- Jeff Moskowitz, J. Moskowitz Law
- Kevin Robinson, Guggenheim Partners
- Colleen Strasser, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Tim Tomasik, Tomasik Kotin Kasserman, LLC
- Sandra Yamate, Institute for Inclusion in the Legal Profession
The CBF also is proud to welcome two new Officers from the current CBF Board: Kenya Jenkins-Wright, our new 2nd Vice President, and Greta Weathersby, our new Board Secretary.
Every new Board year is bittersweet, because as we welcome a new President, we must also say thank you to our outgoing Board President, Verònica Gòmez. Verònica was our fearless leader during a year like no other. She guided us through Zoom meetings, virtual events, and co-hosted a historic in-person Pro Bono & Public Service Awards luncheon as we emerged to a new normal. Thank you, Verònica, for your leadership, dedication, and support of the CBF at a time when it was most needed.
The CBF also thanks the following Officers and Board members, who completed distinguished terms of service on the Board of Directors:
- Justice Mary Ann Mason, JAMS (Outgoing CBF Board Secretary)
- Steve Weiss, Ret., Honigman(2020 CBF President)
- John Amberg, Northern Trust
- Octavio Duran, Duran Law Offices
- Maja Eaton, Ret., Sidley & Austin
- Cara Houck, Miller, Canfield, Paddock & Stone, P.L.C.
- Whitney Hudson (Outgoing CBF Marketing Chair)
- Brandon Peck, Peck Ritchey, LLC
We look forward to working with them in other capacities in the CBF’s continuing efforts to improve access to justice for people in need and make the legal system more fair, equitable, and effective for all.