The Chicago Bar Association and The Chicago Bar Foundation honored six leaders in our profession who have demonstrated extraordinary integrity and service to the community throughout their careers at the annual Justice John Paul Stevens Awards Luncheon earlier this month. The 2023 recipients are:
- Dan L. Boho, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP
- Patricia Brown Holmes, Riley Safer Holmes & Cancila LLP
- Daniel M. Kotin, Tomasik Kotin Kasserman
- Prof. Ann Lousin, University of Illinois Chicago Law School
- Mary Smith, President of the American Bar Association
- Barry C. Taylor, Equip for Equality
The Justice John Paul Stevens Award was conceived by Justice Stevens’ former law clerks and was first presented in September of 2000. The award honors Justice Stevens, a Chicago native, for his lifetime effort to improve the profession and the justice system and is awarded annually to attorneys who best exemplify Justice Stevens’ commitment to integrity and public service in the practice of law.