CBF Welcomes New Board President and MembersJuly 24, 2017
The CBF is excited to welcome Terrence J. Dee as our 36th Board President for the 2017-2018 term. A Partner at McDermott Will & Emery, Terry focuses his practice on product liability, class action, trade secrets, and other complex litigation. He has tried cases in federal and state courts throughout the country, including Illinois, Ohio, Washington, DC, Maryland, Arizona and Missouri, and has handled numerous commercial arbitrations.
Terry is also strongly committed to the cause of equal access to justice. He has served on the CBF board since 2011 where he has particularly played a lead role in the CBF’s development efforts, and also served on the board of the Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights. He will be a dedicated, outstanding leader in advancing the CBF’s mission, continuing to expand on last year’s impact under the exemplary leadership of outgoing President Chuck Smith.
We also welcome a distinguished group of new board members this year:
- Melissa B. Hirst, Jones Day
- Eamon P. Kelly, Sperling & Slater, P.C.
- Sang-yul Lee, K&L Gates LLP
- Kathryn Carso Liss, Law Offices of Jean Conde, P.C.
- Thomas V. Panoff, Mayer Brown LLP
- Brenton W. Vincent, Bryan Cave LLP
- Greta Weathersby, WEC Business Services, LLC
We are also thankful for the leadership, dedication and contributions of several board members whose terms are ending:
- George W. Craven, Mayer Brown LLP
- Matthew T. Jenkins, Corboy & Demetrio
- Daniel M. Kotin, Tomasik Kotin Kasserman, LLC
- Allegra R. Nethery, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Matthew A. Passen, Passen Law Group
- Alyx S. Pattison, Attorney at Law
- Zeophus J. Williams, Cook County State’s Attorney
We look forward to working with them in other capacities in the CBF’s continuing efforts to improve access to justice for people in need and make the legal system more fair and efficient for all.
You can see the full board list here.