Carrie Di Santo, Global Chief Compliance Officer and Managing Director of Enterprise Risk Management at CME Group, is the 37th President of The Chicago Bar Foundation.
At the CBF’s board meeting today, outgoing CBF President Terry Dee passed the proverbial gavel to Carrie.
Carrie has served with distinction on the CBF Board for six years, and has been actively involved in other pro bono and community initiatives throughout her legal career.
Prior to her current role, Carrie previously was Global Chief Compliance Officer at Aon Corporation, General Counsel of Aon’s UK subsidiary in London, and a partner at Baker McKenzie. She also clerked for Judge William Bauer on the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.
She is a frequent speaker on international compliance and regulatory issues, is active in the legal community, and was recently featured in Compliance Week.
Carrie received her law degree from Notre Dame and her undergraduate degree from Augustana College.
Other CBF Officers for fiscal year 2019 include:
- Steve Weiss, Partner at Honigman, as 1st Vice President
- Veronica Gomez, Senior Vice President and General Counsel at ComEd, as 2nd Vice President
- Steve Fus, Associate General Counsel at United Airlines, Inc., as Treasurer
- Justice Mary Anne Mason of the Illinois Appellate Court as Secretary
The CBF is also excited to welcome a distinguished group of new board members this year:
- Christopher J. Esbrook, Esbrook Law LLC
- Elizabeth P. Lewis, McDermott Will & Emery
- Amy B. Manning, McGuireWoods LLP
- Ian H. Morrison, Seyfarth Shaw LLP
- Marta Carreira-Slabe, Aon Corporation
- Jesse H. Ruiz, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP (a CBF Past President returning in his CBA 1st Vice President role)
- Jonathan Amarilio, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP (Outgoing CBA Young Lawyers Section Chair)