Other Individual Giving Options
Planned and Designated Gifts
A number of prominent lawyers and their families have partnered with The Chicago Bar Foundation to realize their philanthropic goals. The Anderson Fellowship, the Marovitz and Moses Scholarships and the Brode Fund are outstanding examples of planned and other designated gifts that advance the personal philanthropic goals of their namesake donors in concert with the mission and goals of the CBF.
The Legacy of Justice Society
Through the CBF Legacy of Justice Society, donors can make a unique and lasting impact by including The Chicago Bar Foundation in their estate plans. Learn more or contact Debra Magad at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 554-1209
Legacy gifts of $100,000 or more can be considered for a designated purpose such as endowment of an award, fellowship, scholarship or special purpose fund to address critical or emerging needs or innovative initiatives of the CBF.
Gifts of Stock or Securities
Gifts of appreciated stock or securities can provide potentially significant tax benefits. To make a gift of stock or securities, contact Maggie McEldowney at email@example.com or (312) 554-1247.
A Tax-Saving Way to Help the CBF from your IRA
If you are 70½ years or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit the CBF and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 to the CBF without having to pay income taxes on the money.
Why you should consider this gift:
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- It’s an easy and convenient way to make a gift from one of your major assets.
- You pay no income taxes on the gift—a tax-free rollover.
- It counts toward your required minimum distribution.
- You must be 70 ½ years old or older at the time of your gift.
- The transfer must go directly from your IRA to The Chicago Bar Foundation.
- Your total gift(s) cannot exceed $100,000.
- Your gift must be outright.
For more information, please contact Debra Magad at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 554-1209.