Apply for a CBF Fellowship or Scholarship
The 2018 Anderson Fellowship application process has closed. Please check back next spring for information about the 2019 fellowship applications, which will be due in May 2019.
The CBF does not accept applications for the CBF Moses Scholarship. Every three years the Moses Scholarship rotates to a different Chicago law school, and the law school’s administration selects the Scholarship recipient.
The law school administration must select a recipient who qualifies for full-time admission under law school standards and demonstrates, above and beyond other potential recipients, the following:
- A solid commitment to public interest issues over a significant period of time as demonstrated by past and present activities.
- The desire to practice public interest law, i.e., to improve access to justice for low-income and disadvantaged people who are in the most critical need of the protections of our civil legal system. Not included in this definition of public interest law are judicial clerkships, government work, private practice, pro bono work in a traditional law firm setting, academics, or prosecutor positions (e.g., state’s attorney).
- A commitment to a specific public interest path or goal as demonstrated by an application essay and a personal interview. In the interest of efficiency, the law school may wish to interview only finalists for the Scholarship.
- The ability to achieve success as a lawyer, as demonstrated by past academic performance, taking into account any personal obstacles that the candidate may have overcome and other relevant considerations.
- Financial need, taking into account other means of funding tuition, such as scholarship awards or personal assets.
For more information, please contact Dina Merrell at (312) 554-1206 or email@example.com.
To obtain information about the Equal Justice Works Fellowship Program and application process, contact Equal Justice Works.
To learn more about PILI’s Law Student Internship Program, including how to apply, please visit pili.org/internships.