Other Court-Focused Initiatives
The CBF regularly works to bring together relevant stakeholders-including the bar, the courts, pro bono and legal aid organizations and others-to develop integrated strategies to address unmet needs and emerging issues in the courts.
Examples of the CBF’s other court-focused initiatives include:
- Convening the CBF Advisory Committee on Pro Se Services to develop recommendations to improve access to justice for self-represented litigants in the Circuit Court.
- Developing a comprehensive CBA/CBF Pro Se Resolution in 2009, which serves as a roadmap for how the bar can lead to increase access to justice for people without lawyers.
- Advocating for a central starting point at each courthouse in the Circuit Court of Cook County to serve as a starting and triage point where people can obtain basic information about the courts and the judicial process, access to existing court-based advice desks, resources and referrals to lawyers and other appropriate services.
- Developing recommendations for increased signage and other guidance at the Daley Center to provide clear, accessible information for people without lawyers to navigate through the courthouse.
- Developing recommendations for a judicial education curriculum, training and other resources to help judges and court personnel most fairly, efficiently and effectively manage cases involving parties without lawyers.
- For more information or to get involved, contact Kelly Tautges at
- or (312) 554-8356.